Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Saturday, March 2, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
Learn about grafting and the important role it plays in plant and tree production. You will receive an overview of budding techniques and practice grafting that you can use on your own trees. There will be several varieties of grafting wood, or scion wood, for you to build your own plum, peach, pear, or heritage apple tree. Rootstocks and grafting knives will be available for purchase at Common Ground. Taught by James Kern, who has a background in botany and works locally as a landscape contractor. He also teaches part-time at Foothill College and is a member of the California Rare Fruit Growers Association.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.